Saturday, February 23, 2008

More on the new tenancy agreements

Still working on the new plain English tenancy agreements for Landlord-Law. I had a fair few responses to my consultation and the responses were (one the whole) gratifyingly positive.

No-one said that they definitely didn’t like the new version (there were just a couple of not sure’s), and the main criticism was that it would take up more paper. However unfortunately this is inevitable if you use plain English (which generally means more words – legal jargon is often just legal shorthand) and spread the document out on the page a bit more so it is more readable.

I am actually really glad that I consulted with the members – some of them have come up with some really good points and made me look at things again and often change them. Plus they also picked up a few mistakes I hadn’t spotted!

I am now in the process of re-doing all the different varieties of agreement which is going to take some time. I am also developing a tenancy agreements section. Rather than have the agreements all on one page I am dividing them up, which will hopefully make them easier to find.

The new agreements should hopefully go live soon. I suppose I will then have to review all the other forms!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: