Sunday, September 30, 2007

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose


I did my Q&A this morning, something I do every other Sunday morning, and which see I wrote about nearly a year ago on this blog. I always get far more questions than the 10 that get answered (I had 32 today I think) and the same old questions still keep cropping up.

For example, unbelievably, there are still landlords who think that they can go in and change the locks if their tenant has not moved out after the notice period of the possession notice expires. I still get loads of questions on damage deposits, and from the way some of these are worded it is apparent that the landlords are failing to protect deposits under the statutory tenancy deposit schemes. Properties are still being let in a poor condition, and there still appear to be quite a lot of dodgy and/or useless agents, greedy landlords, and clueless (or thick) tenants about.

No change there then.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I admire your stamina in answering the same or similar questions repeatedly. Although you are not alone in Deja Vu.

Tessa Shepperson said...

It is not actually as boring as it sounds. There are infinite varieties ... And sometimes some very interesting points are raised.