Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good luck President Obama


When I watched the inauguration yesterday I half wished I was American. When I watched the Panorama programme on American healthcare later on iplayer I was thankful to be British. America is a wonderful country with a great history and heritage, but we have things to be proud of too.

It is ironic that at a time when the USA has a president which the majority of British support after the hugely unpopular Bush, we are warned that the ‘special relationship’ is about to take a nose dive.

However no matter. We are not the problem, so perhaps it is right that we take a bit of a back seat in the presidential intray. And hopefully our scientists can work together now to save the planet.

I wish him all the best.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's amazing the good will he's built up, I just hope people don't have unrealistic expectations