Shelter is a great force for good in this country and thousands of tenants and homeless people will be forever grateful to it for its help.
As they say on their web-site "Shelter believes everyone should have a home. We help people find and keep a home. We campaign for decent housing for all".
They offer some brilliant services. For example:
- They have a free housing advice helpline - 0808 800 4444
- They have numerous advice offices where you can visit for free help and advice
- They campaign tirelessly – see here on their part in the recent assistance given to prevent repossessions
- They publish an excellent magazine Roof (reviewed by me on Landlord-Law here)
- And they also have many resources for professionals